Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Back to school


Over my two week Easter break I feel that I have accomplished quite a lot! I volunteered with the Saga Humane Society as a dog walker, worked on a children's book that I am co writing with two other of my fellow students, and I went inland and participated in some of the most amazing adventures of my life. Today I returned to my standard II class at Ambergris Caye Elementary school. Well it turns out that my teacher never showed up, I'm guessing that she was sick because her daughter was absent as well. So today went great, although I was not prepared to teach all subject for the day I managed to quickly come up with lessons for the subjects that Ms. Dora was supposed to have planned. We made a gallon man, read and discussed some leveled readers, played futbol, learned about pronouns and food safety. I also introduced the behavior chart and I do have to say it went over very well. I hope that it continues to work throughout my time here, I have a feeling that Ms. Dora will implement it after I leave the island. Today went really well and I was excited to actually have the students all day. I was feeling like I had not accomplished much in the schools because of the testing the first week but now I can see that just form one day I feel that I have already made a big difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment