Thursday, April 29, 2010

What would you rather do?


After spending 5 days in the mountains of Belize in the City of San Ignacio, I was able to step away with a new perspective of the small country. After spending 2 weeks in San Pedro, which is located on Ambergris Caye, I became accustomed to the island life style. In San Pedro there are lots of tourist, street vendors, and fancy restaurants. Not only was the landscape drastically different from San Pedro but the whole vibe of San Ignacio was different. There was more Spanish spoken there then in San Pedro and the people stared a bit more in San Ignacio. If I had a choice of where I could teach and I had to decided between San Pedro and San Ignacio, I think that I would Choose San Pedro. The reason I would choose San Pedro is because after my experience at Ambergris Caye Elementary school, I feel that I have made such a difference in the lives that I have come in contact with. During the time I spent on the island I really became attached to the people there and they made me feel so welcome and appreciated. I would love to have the opportunity to teach in San Ignacio and to see exactly how different the schools there are from the schools on the island.

No comments:

Post a Comment